Ramlila crackdown: Woman with spinal injuries still critical
New Delhi: The condition of Raj Bala, the
woman who received spinal injuries in the police lathicharge
at Ramlila Maidan in the wee hours of Sunday, remained
critical on Monday at the GB Pant hospital here, doctors said.
51-year-old Raj Bala is one of the 71 people injured in
the pre-dawn police crackdown at Ramlila Maidan, where yoga
guru Ramdev was holding his indefinite hunger strike.
According to doctors at the hospital Raj Bala is still
in a critical condition and under continuous monitoring.
"She does not have spontaneous respiration and is on
ventilator support. She is conscious and is obeying simple
verbal commands. She is quadriplegic and is on drugs to
maintain blood pressure. She is in ICU17 and is under the
observation of Dr Sanjiv Sinha," a doctor with GB Pant
"She underwent a surgery yesterday. After investigations
we found that she had a post traumatic fracture
dislocation C4-C5 with quadriplegia. We have done a
decompression and fixation using plate, screw and cage," he
All the injured were first taken to the LNJP hospital.
Of the 71 patients, 31 were admitted to the LNJP hospital
while four were shifted to the RML hospital and one (Raj Bala)
was sent to the GB Pant hospital. All have beeen discharged
except only two patients including Raj Bala who continue to
A doctor with the LNJP hospital said, "All have been
discharged after proper treatment. We had discharged 45
immediately after they were brought in after giving them
proper medication. We admitted 31 who were kept under
observation and were discharged today morning. Only one is
admitted with us till now and is undergoing treatment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'