Ramlila verdict; Swamy demands PC`s resignation
New Delhi: As the Supreme Court castigated
the Delhi Police and yoga guru Ramdev for the midnight violent
incident at the Ramlila Maidan, Janata Party president
Subramanian Swamy on Thursday demanded resignation of Home Minister
P Chidambaram, claiming that he has to take responsibility.
"I demand that Chidambaram be asked to resign
immediately, taking responsibility for the reckless violence
by the Delhi Police...," Swamy said in a statement.
He alleged the police would not have done this unless
they were asked to do so and, hence, Chidambaram bears "full
Activist Anna Hazare did not comment when asked for his
reaction on the Supreme Court order. "I will react after
reading the judgement," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II