Rape accused youth commits suicide
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old shopkeeper allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself after a case of rape was lodged against him, police said on Saturday.
The deceased Abid, a resident of Loni, allegedly had a relationship with his neighbour`s daughter. He, however was married off to another girl in May this year.
Abid`s marriage had upset his former girlfriend, whose father lodged a complaint of rape and assault against him, police said, adding that the victim`s father Sabir was taken into custody.
Upset over the episode, Abid committed suicide by hanging himself from a fan in one of his acquaintance`s` house in Premanagar colony, police said.
The victim`s father Sabir was released from custody and he registered a case of abetment to suicide against the girl and her family, they added.
The medical report of the girl had not confirmed rape, SHO Brijmohna Yadav said.
Further probe is on in this matter, Yadav said, adding that the accused woman and her father have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir