Rape case against 5 Jamia students to be sent to sessions court
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday asked the counsel for five law students of Jamia Millia Islamia, charge- sheeted for allegedly confining and gangraping a minor girl at their residence last year, to complete the scrutiny of documents by February 12 as it has to commit the case to sessions court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao has asked the counsel for accused Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep Kadian, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopenshu Pratap Singh and Vikas Punia to inform him whether they have completed scrutiny of the documents related to case as he has to commit the case to sessions court for beginning of trial in the case.
It said the accused`s counsel should complete the scrutiny by February 12 so that he commits the case to the sessions court.
The police had filed the chargesheet against the five accused on January 30, to which the court took cognisance and supplied the copies to accused persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17