Rape case against 5 Jamia students to be sent to sessions court
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday asked the counsel for five law students of Jamia Millia Islamia, charge- sheeted for allegedly confining and gangraping a minor girl at their residence last year, to complete the scrutiny of documents by February 12 as it has to commit the case to sessions court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao has asked the counsel for accused Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep Kadian, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopenshu Pratap Singh and Vikas Punia to inform him whether they have completed scrutiny of the documents related to case as he has to commit the case to sessions court for beginning of trial in the case.
It said the accused`s counsel should complete the scrutiny by February 12 so that he commits the case to the sessions court.
The police had filed the chargesheet against the five accused on January 30, to which the court took cognisance and supplied the copies to accused persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS