Rape case against 5 Jamia students to be sent to sessions court
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday asked the counsel for five law students of Jamia Millia Islamia, charge- sheeted for allegedly confining and gangraping a minor girl at their residence last year, to complete the scrutiny of documents by February 12 as it has to commit the case to sessions court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao has asked the counsel for accused Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep Kadian, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopenshu Pratap Singh and Vikas Punia to inform him whether they have completed scrutiny of the documents related to case as he has to commit the case to sessions court for beginning of trial in the case.
It said the accused`s counsel should complete the scrutiny by February 12 so that he commits the case to the sessions court.
The police had filed the chargesheet against the five accused on January 30, to which the court took cognisance and supplied the copies to accused persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress