Rapist leaves scar on woman`s chastity: Court
New Delhi: Ruling that a rapist leaves a scar on a woman`s chastity, a court here has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a `tantrik` for raping his 16-year-old niece.
"A rapist not only causes physical injuries but more indelibly leaves a scar on the most cherished possession of a woman i.e. her dignity, honour, reputation and not the least her chastity," Additional Sessions Judge Vijay Kumar Dahiya said Saturday while awarding the jail term to 57-year-old tantrik (faith healer) Mahesh Goel for raping the girl.
Dahiya said sexual violence degraded and humiliated the victim and left behind a traumatic experience.
Relying upon the statement of the victim and other witnesses, the court held Goel guilty for the offence of kidnapping or abducting, and raping a minor girl.
The court said the offence committed by the convict was more serious in nature and that he went on ruining the victim`s life by committing immoral acts of highest order.
"It is evident that the convict treated the prosecutrix only as an object to fulfill his sexual desire. The offence committed by the convict is too heinous and, therefore, he does not deserve any leniency," the court said.
The court said rape was not only a crime against the person but a crime against the entire society.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs.12,000 against the accused, saying the offence committed was grave, heinous and utterly abominable.
According to a complaint lodged by the girl`s father in December 2010, her daughter was missing from more than 10 days and suspected Goel of kidnapping her.
The police later rescued the girl and held Goel.
The girl said that Goel, who was her maternal uncle, raped her on the pretext of curing her from the influence of supernatural forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony