Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi
New Delhi: Two people were mowed down in the early hours of Monday in the second case of rash driving in south Delhi in as many days, police said.
The accident was reported near Ansal Plaza at Khel Gaon Marg around 6 a.m. Monday. A speeding Swift Desire car knocked down the victims, but its driver fled.
The car is believed to belong to a senior external affairs ministry official, but it is being probed whether the vehicle had been stolen, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Sultan Singh, 50, whose daughter was get to engaged Monday, and Raghu Verma Raja, 30, who had come to the city from Bangalore to attend the ceremony.
The two were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre where they were declared brought dead.
The car, with the registration number DL 2 AL 7285, has been recovered from the spot.
The incident comes a day after a speeding Lamborghini sports car crashed on a Delhi road, killing the driver who was a real estate tycoon`s son. It also left a cyclist badly injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'