Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi
New Delhi: Two people were mowed down in the early hours of Monday in the second case of rash driving in south Delhi in as many days, police said.
The accident was reported near Ansal Plaza at Khel Gaon Marg around 6 a.m. Monday. A speeding Swift Desire car knocked down the victims, but its driver fled.
The car is believed to belong to a senior external affairs ministry official, but it is being probed whether the vehicle had been stolen, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Sultan Singh, 50, whose daughter was get to engaged Monday, and Raghu Verma Raja, 30, who had come to the city from Bangalore to attend the ceremony.
The two were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre where they were declared brought dead.
The car, with the registration number DL 2 AL 7285, has been recovered from the spot.
The incident comes a day after a speeding Lamborghini sports car crashed on a Delhi road, killing the driver who was a real estate tycoon`s son. It also left a cyclist badly injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today