Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi
New Delhi: Two people were mowed down in the early hours of Monday in the second case of rash driving in south Delhi in as many days, police said.
The accident was reported near Ansal Plaza at Khel Gaon Marg around 6 a.m. Monday. A speeding Swift Desire car knocked down the victims, but its driver fled.
The car is believed to belong to a senior external affairs ministry official, but it is being probed whether the vehicle had been stolen, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Sultan Singh, 50, whose daughter was get to engaged Monday, and Raghu Verma Raja, 30, who had come to the city from Bangalore to attend the ceremony.
The two were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre where they were declared brought dead.
The car, with the registration number DL 2 AL 7285, has been recovered from the spot.
The incident comes a day after a speeding Lamborghini sports car crashed on a Delhi road, killing the driver who was a real estate tycoon`s son. It also left a cyclist badly injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'