Rash driving: Kin of victim to get over Rs 20L compensation
New Delhi: Family members of a 39-year-old man, who died after being run over by a rashly-driven vehicle here last year, have been awarded a compensation of over Rs 20 lakh by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT).
MACT`s presiding officer Deepak Jagotra directed Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd, with which the vehicle was insured, to pay a compensation of Rs 20,57,500 to the wife and minor children of Nand Lal Kushwaha.
"In view of the clear testimony of PW1 (wife of deceased) and specially PW2 (son), who is an eyewitness, it has been established on record that the accident had happened due to rash and negligent driving of R1 (driver of vehicle) who had hit the deceased, as a result of which, he died on the spot.
"The entire criminal record of the case further supports and corroborates the case of petitioners in all its material particulars," the tribunal said.
The family members of Nand Lal had approached the tribunal seeking a compensation under provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
According to the complaint, on February 2 last year, Nand Lal, along with his wife and son was walking from Chhawla to Najafgarh here and suddenly a vehicle, being driven in a rash and negligent manner, hit him from behind.
Nand Lal, who was working as an electrician in a private shop, sustained fatal injuries and died on the spot, they said.
The tribunal, after going through the evidence brought before it, awarded the compensation to the family members of the deceased and directed the insurance firm to deposit the amount within 30 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!