Rashtrapati Bhavan to have new housing complex
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new residential complex in the Rashtrapati Bhavan Estate.
Fifty new `type-II` quarters for the subordinate staff of President`s Secretariat are being built as replacement to the old quarters built between 1927-32.
"In the redevelopment scheme of the President`s Estate, these quarters are being replaced by well designed type II quarters," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The new complex will be built according to green housing norms which includes use of fly ash, deployment of ready mix concrete, reuse of dismantled bricks among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter