Rashtrapati Bhavan to have new housing complex
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new residential complex in the Rashtrapati Bhavan Estate.
Fifty new `type-II` quarters for the subordinate staff of President`s Secretariat are being built as replacement to the old quarters built between 1927-32.
"In the redevelopment scheme of the President`s Estate, these quarters are being replaced by well designed type II quarters," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The new complex will be built according to green housing norms which includes use of fly ash, deployment of ready mix concrete, reuse of dismantled bricks among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index