Rashtrapati Bhavan to have new housing complex
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new residential complex in the Rashtrapati Bhavan Estate.
Fifty new `type-II` quarters for the subordinate staff of President`s Secretariat are being built as replacement to the old quarters built between 1927-32.
"In the redevelopment scheme of the President`s Estate, these quarters are being replaced by well designed type II quarters," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The new complex will be built according to green housing norms which includes use of fly ash, deployment of ready mix concrete, reuse of dismantled bricks among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!