Rashtrapati Bhavan to have new housing complex
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new residential complex in the Rashtrapati Bhavan Estate.
Fifty new `type-II` quarters for the subordinate staff of President`s Secretariat are being built as replacement to the old quarters built between 1927-32.
"In the redevelopment scheme of the President`s Estate, these quarters are being replaced by well designed type II quarters," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The new complex will be built according to green housing norms which includes use of fly ash, deployment of ready mix concrete, reuse of dismantled bricks among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari