Rashtrapati Bhavan to have new housing complex
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new residential complex in the Rashtrapati Bhavan Estate.
Fifty new `type-II` quarters for the subordinate staff of President`s Secretariat are being built as replacement to the old quarters built between 1927-32.
"In the redevelopment scheme of the President`s Estate, these quarters are being replaced by well designed type II quarters," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The new complex will be built according to green housing norms which includes use of fly ash, deployment of ready mix concrete, reuse of dismantled bricks among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics