Re-development project for Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: The Delhi Government today decided to carry out a re-development project to improve the look and basic infrastructure in historical Chandni Chowk in Walled City.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and attended by Union Minister Kapil Sibal who represents Chandni Chowk in Lok Sabha. Senior officials of various departments and agencies were present in the meeting.
The project includes having an integrated plan for all the services and creating a "heritage environment" on the stretches of Chandi Chowk.
Sibal requested Dikshit to ensure early start of work.
The meeting decided to give responsibility of maintaining roads above 60 ft width to PWD which are currently under municipal corporation.
The power department and private discoms have been told to put all the power cables underground.
Dikshit said re-development of Chandni Chowk was priority for her government and a coordination group has been constituted to overcome any obstacle coming in the way.
"All agencies have been told to work in tandem to ensure completion of work at the earliest," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- PHOTO: Priceless reaction of David Warner's daughters when told they'll soon meet Daddy!
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition