Re-development project for Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: The Delhi Government today decided to carry out a re-development project to improve the look and basic infrastructure in historical Chandni Chowk in Walled City.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and attended by Union Minister Kapil Sibal who represents Chandni Chowk in Lok Sabha. Senior officials of various departments and agencies were present in the meeting.
The project includes having an integrated plan for all the services and creating a "heritage environment" on the stretches of Chandi Chowk.
Sibal requested Dikshit to ensure early start of work.
The meeting decided to give responsibility of maintaining roads above 60 ft width to PWD which are currently under municipal corporation.
The power department and private discoms have been told to put all the power cables underground.
Dikshit said re-development of Chandni Chowk was priority for her government and a coordination group has been constituted to overcome any obstacle coming in the way.
"All agencies have been told to work in tandem to ensure completion of work at the earliest," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network