Re-introduce Land Acquisition Bill in Parl: JD(U)
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of farmers`
stir in Uttar Pradesh against land acquisition, JD(U) leader
Sharad Yadav on Tuesday demanded re-introduction of the Land
Acquisition Bill in Parliament, that aims to resolve issues
arising from government acquiring land for public purposes.
In a meeting with Finance Minister and Leader of the
Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee at Parliament House, Yadav demanded
that the lapsed Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill, 2009, be
re-introduced in Parliament.
The Bill was introduced in the last Parliament session,
but there was not enough time to get it through after a
Standing Committee gave its report.
Farmers have been holding demonstrations for nearly three
weeks near Aligarh demanding compensation at the rate paid to
Noida and Greater Noida farmers for their land acquired by
government for a project. The protests turned violent over the
past three days.
Clashes between protesters and police left four persons,
including a PAC jawan, dead.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan