Re-poll in Delhi: AAP to launch signature campaign tomorrow
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will launch a signature campaign Wednesday seeking the voters` opinion about having re-elections in Delhi.
"The door-to-door campaign will ask the opinion of voters in every assembly constituency about the re-elections. The voters will sign on a form mentioning their name, address and phone number," party leader Manish Sisodia told media persons.
A letter written by former chief minister Arvind Kejriwal demanding fresh elections will also be distributed among the voters by party volunteers, Sisodia said.
"The party proposes to reach as many households as possible during this campaign. It (campaign) will continue initially for 15 days and will be further extended after reviewing the response," Dilip Pandey, another party leader said.
The campaign will be formally launched in Patparganj assembly constituency.
The AAP, which won 28 seats in the 70-member assembly in the December 2013 polls and formed the government with outside support of the Congress, quit after a 49-day stint.
Delhi has been under President`s Rule since then as no other party has sufficient seats to form the government on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM