Rebels cause embarrassment to BJP in Delhi
New Delhi: In an embarrassment for BJP ahead of Delhi municipal polls, son-in-law of senior leader Jagdish Mukhi on Wednesday joined the Congress, apparently miffed at his party`s attitude.
Suresh Kumar, son-in-law of Mukhi, joined the Congress along with a group of supporters, DPCC president J P Agarwal said.
Mukhi, a sitting MLA, was the Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly in 2003-08.
Agarwal said Kumar was a prominent BJP youth leader in West Delhi.
Geeta Kohli, president of BJP`s women`s wing in Chandni Chowk, also joined Congress with a group of her supporters.
Seven prominent local leaders have left the party since March 26, upset over the handling of ticket distribution and six of them are fighting against BJP candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress