Recluse sisters now in stable condition: Doctors
New Delhi: The two malnourished sisters, who were rescued by relatives and neighbours in the capital, are in a stable condition, doctors attending on them said on Sunday.
Mamta (30) and her sister Neerja (28), apparently suffering from depression, had not ventured out of their house in Rohini for about six years.
They were yesterday shifted to the hospital.
Doctors said they were responding to the treatment. "They are now stable," the doctors said.
Mamta, who is divorced and has a teenage son, and her sister were taken to Ambedkar hospital where they are undergoing treatment.
According to neighbours and relatives, Mamta and Neerja stay with their 65-year-old mother and Mamta`s 13-year-old son, who is studying in Class IX, in their house.
Mamta and Neerja never ventured out of their house for years and had confined themselves to their house. Some relatives used to help them financially as they did not have any source of income.
Yesterday, the sisters were moved to the hospital with the help of the neighbours and their relatives.
"They were malnourished and Mamta was bed-ridden. She weighs around 20 kg only. She can`t move her body. Her condition is very pathetic," a senior police official had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured