Recording of evidence concludes in Dhaula Kuan gangrape case
New Delhi: A Delhi court has concluded
recording of testimonies of prosecution witnesses in the
sensational Dhaula Kuan gangrape case with the examination of
investigating officer (IO) Seema Singh.
Singh, who supported the prosecution case saying
accused Ajeet Katiyar was one of the culprits involved in the
act, testified as 31st prosecution witness before Additional
Sessions Judge N K Gupta.
The court has fixed the matter on September 17 for
recording of statement of accused Katiyar under section 313
(response of the undertrial on evidence produced against him)
of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Katiyar and co-accused Danda, Jat and Tappe had
abducted the girl from a north-eastern state at around 2.15 am
on May 8, 2005, from Dhaula Kuan here when she was walking
back home after buying food from a roadside eatery and raped
her in a moving car, the prosecution had alleged.
The police, however, could not arrest the other
accomplices in the case.
Katiyar, a driver with a private firm, was arrested
five days after the incident and was later identified by the
victim in the test identification parade.
Earlier, various policemen of Delhi Cantt police
station, who were involved with the probe into the case, have
given contradictory statements regarding the date and place of
arrest of the accused.
Sub Inspector Charan Singh, deposing as a witness, had
first told that the accused was arrested on May 14, 2005 and
later said he was nabbed a day before.
Singh, also a member of the probe team, said the
accused was arrested from Anand Vihar. However, some witnesses
had earlier claimed he was nabbed from Ghazipur in east Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read