`Red Corner Notices a weak area among police`
New Delhi: Stung by a recent blooper where
an arrested person figured in the wanted list of the CBI, a
senior official of the agency on Thursday said issues like Red
Corner Notices remain "weak area" with police officials.
Inaugurating the Fifth Interpol Liaison Officers`
Conference here, Balwinder Singh, Special Director, CBI, said
that transnational crimes are on the rise and to probe such
offences investigators must have good knowledge of instruments
and procedures such as Red Corner Notice, Letter Rogatory,
extradition, deportation, commissions for examination of
witnesses among others.
He said this was a "weak area requiring more inputs in
training curriculum of senior investigators".
Singh pointed out that there had been instances where
the Red Corner Notices (RCN) had not been withdrawn even after
the fugitive was arrested.
"At times, RCN subjects are arrested without any
specific instructions from NCB-India specially in cases where
the subjects are Indian nationals. When the RCN subjects are
located abroad and the requesting State has been informed,
there are instances where no follow up action is taken by the
said state for their provisional arrest and subsequent
extradition," he said.
Singh requested officers to educate the Investigating
Officers of their states, who are dealing with such cases
about the guidelines framed by the Government of India with
regard to investigation abroad.
The CBI which represents India in the Interpol,
organised the conference to familiarise officials about the
functioning, capabilities and limitations of the international
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price