Redeeming `rude` Delhiites: CM wants pvt sector to chip in
New Delhi: After appealing Delhiites to
change their mannerisms, Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit today
asked private sector to chip in and cooperate with government
to effect a change in behaviour patterns of citizens before
the Commonwealth Games.
"I can see a lot of changes in mannerism, but it is
not enough. If the private sector becomes an active partner,
we can bring out a package on how to change behaviour of the
citizens," she said at the Delhi Tourism Conclave here.
"When we go to France, US or Australia, we remember
the mannerism of people there... (Similarly) Delhi should be a
truly civilised city...The culture of politeness, sharing and
caring for each other... how we address our guests and how we
look after the public transport..," Dikshit said.
She asked private sector to contribute in effecting
the change by measures like issuing ads, organising meeting
and training at school level among others. "You are welcome to
be partners (in the campaign) as many of you have joined in
the green projects."
"People listens to appeals and initiates of the
private sector. The govt is already doing its part but people
often dismiss it as `Woh to sarkari baat hai` (it is
government`s work)," Dikshit said.
Noting that Delhi boosts of a rich heritage and
history, she said the Games provide a "great opportunity for
us to do it together (so that) the city can be called a
"It is not enough for government to announce projects.
Unless the citizens actually participate both in decision-
making and implementation, we have done only quarter of the
job," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know