Reduction in power tariff cosmetic: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Monday described the reduction in power tariff in the capital as "very marginal" and "cosmetic" and said his protest on the issue will continue.
He said government was forced to decrease the tariff due to agitation by people.
"Because of people`s struggle, the government has reduced the rates.
We congratulate the people of Delhi.
But it is a very marginal reduction, more of cosmetic. Struggle would continue," he said.
He said the previous rise in tariff will continue if one consumes more than 400 units of electricity. "So people will continue their struggle," he said.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal also expressed solidarity with BSES employees here who staged a protest outside their office in Karkardooma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air