Reduction in power tariff cosmetic: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Monday described the reduction in power tariff in the capital as "very marginal" and "cosmetic" and said his protest on the issue will continue.
He said government was forced to decrease the tariff due to agitation by people.
"Because of people`s struggle, the government has reduced the rates.
We congratulate the people of Delhi.
But it is a very marginal reduction, more of cosmetic. Struggle would continue," he said.
He said the previous rise in tariff will continue if one consumes more than 400 units of electricity. "So people will continue their struggle," he said.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal also expressed solidarity with BSES employees here who staged a protest outside their office in Karkardooma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi