Reduction in power tariff cosmetic: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Monday described the reduction in power tariff in the capital as "very marginal" and "cosmetic" and said his protest on the issue will continue.
He said government was forced to decrease the tariff due to agitation by people.
"Because of people`s struggle, the government has reduced the rates.
We congratulate the people of Delhi.
But it is a very marginal reduction, more of cosmetic. Struggle would continue," he said.
He said the previous rise in tariff will continue if one consumes more than 400 units of electricity. "So people will continue their struggle," he said.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal also expressed solidarity with BSES employees here who staged a protest outside their office in Karkardooma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming