Registration of Will to be videotaped in Capital
New Delhi: Registration of `will` in the national capital will now be filmed to avoid discrepancies and forgeries.
Video recording of registration of will has been introduced in all sub-registrar offices where facility of online registration of properties was available.
Officials said people making will have to name the beneficiaries in the video recording for its registration.
"The provision has been introduced to avoid discrepancies and forgeries in property transaction," said the officials.
The announcement of video-graphing registration of `will` was made at a function in Kapashera in South West Delhi where Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inaugurated a renovated office of sub registrar.
An online property registration was introduced in the sub-registrar office where people will be able to get their properties registered on the same day of filing of application.
Videography of registration of all wills have been made available in all sub registrar offices having online property registration facility.
Asked how the videography will be done if a person on the death bed wants to make a will, the officials said the concerned sub divisional magistrate can go to residence of the person concerned and make the video recording.
Online registration of properties have already been launched in sub registrar offices in Mehrauli, Rohini and Vivek Vihar.
The facility is being extended in sub-registrar offices in Nangloi, Geeta Colony, Janakpuri, Libaspur, Majri and Bhalswa. Officials said by end of the current year, the facility will be made available in all sub registrar offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter