Registration of Will to be videotaped in Capital
New Delhi: Registration of `will` in the national capital will now be filmed to avoid discrepancies and forgeries.
Video recording of registration of will has been introduced in all sub-registrar offices where facility of online registration of properties was available.
Officials said people making will have to name the beneficiaries in the video recording for its registration.
"The provision has been introduced to avoid discrepancies and forgeries in property transaction," said the officials.
The announcement of video-graphing registration of `will` was made at a function in Kapashera in South West Delhi where Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inaugurated a renovated office of sub registrar.
An online property registration was introduced in the sub-registrar office where people will be able to get their properties registered on the same day of filing of application.
Videography of registration of all wills have been made available in all sub registrar offices having online property registration facility.
Asked how the videography will be done if a person on the death bed wants to make a will, the officials said the concerned sub divisional magistrate can go to residence of the person concerned and make the video recording.
Online registration of properties have already been launched in sub registrar offices in Mehrauli, Rohini and Vivek Vihar.
The facility is being extended in sub-registrar offices in Nangloi, Geeta Colony, Janakpuri, Libaspur, Majri and Bhalswa. Officials said by end of the current year, the facility will be made available in all sub registrar offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video