Regularisation of 1,639 colonies at earliest: Delhi Govt
New Delhi: Delhi Government today said
it has accelerated the process of regularising 1,639
unauthorised colonies which were given provisional
regularisation certificates in 2008.
Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia said the Government
has been striving hard to complete all the formalities to
ensure formal regularisation of all the 1,639 colonies at the
He said soon the government will present all the
required documents to Delhi High Court seeking permission to
regularise the unauthorised colonies.
Urban Development department will take up cases of
more than 1,000 unauthorised colonies for formal
regularisation in October.
Walia held a high level meeting today to discuss the
issue which was attended by top officials of various agencies
including MCD, DDA, Planning and Urban Development department.
Directing the agencies to provide basic civic
amenities at the earliest, he said lakhs of people residing in
these colonies must get benefits of proper drinking water,
sewerage and power.
Walia said the Survey of India has cleared all 118
colonies which came up on DDA land. The Forest Department has
also been instructed to examine the cases of 86 such colonies
which fall partially on forest land. The department has been
told to submit its final report by first week of July.
Officials said out of 1639 colonies, digital data of
1,115 colonies have been prepared.
This will facilitate the MCD to prepare final layout
plans in respect of all unauthorised colonies.
The MCD has further been told to prepare final layout
plans in respect of 309 colonies which have been cleared by
the Survey of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe