Regularisation of 1,639 colonies at earliest: Delhi Govt
New Delhi: Delhi Government today said
it has accelerated the process of regularising 1,639
unauthorised colonies which were given provisional
regularisation certificates in 2008.
Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia said the Government
has been striving hard to complete all the formalities to
ensure formal regularisation of all the 1,639 colonies at the
He said soon the government will present all the
required documents to Delhi High Court seeking permission to
regularise the unauthorised colonies.
Urban Development department will take up cases of
more than 1,000 unauthorised colonies for formal
regularisation in October.
Walia held a high level meeting today to discuss the
issue which was attended by top officials of various agencies
including MCD, DDA, Planning and Urban Development department.
Directing the agencies to provide basic civic
amenities at the earliest, he said lakhs of people residing in
these colonies must get benefits of proper drinking water,
sewerage and power.
Walia said the Survey of India has cleared all 118
colonies which came up on DDA land. The Forest Department has
also been instructed to examine the cases of 86 such colonies
which fall partially on forest land. The department has been
told to submit its final report by first week of July.
Officials said out of 1639 colonies, digital data of
1,115 colonies have been prepared.
This will facilitate the MCD to prepare final layout
plans in respect of all unauthorised colonies.
The MCD has further been told to prepare final layout
plans in respect of 309 colonies which have been cleared by
the Survey of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends