Regularization of colonies, food security to figure in LG`s speech
New Delhi: Regularisation of unauthorised colonies, food security programme, enhancing safety of women and measures to augment transport and medical facilities are likely to figure in Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna`s address on the opening day of Budget Session of Delhi Assembly on March 13.
A meeting of the Delhi Cabinet, presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, on Thursday finalised the main issues to be touched upon by Khanna in his address.
The Budget Session of the Assembly will be held from March 13 to April 2. The Budget is likely to be presented on March 20.
Sources said the Lt Governor`s address will highlight two major schemes -- kerosene-free Dilli Yojna and Dilli Annashree Yojna -- which were launched last year.
Under the Dilli Annashree Yojna, Delhi government has been providing monthly cash subsidy of Rs 600 through direct cash transfer to the senior-most female members of around 13,600 poor families. The government plans to increase the number of beneficiaries to two lakh families.
The scheme, claimed to be first of its kind in the country, was launched by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on December 15 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened