Rehearsals for R-Day parade from Thursday
New Delhi: Rehearsals for Republic Day will be held from Thursday with police today asking commuters to expect congestion near India Gate and its surrounding areas till noon.
The rehearsals for the January 26 parade will be held tomorrow and on Friday, Sunday and Monday.
"The rehearsal will be from Vijay Chowk to India Gate. The timing of the parade will be between 9:00 AM and 12 noon and traffic will be stopped by 8 AM. It will not go to Red Fort as it is done on the Republic Day," a senior police official said here.
Motorists are advised to avoid Rajpath area before noon as the roads will be closed, he said.
"As a consequence, Rajpath will remain closed from Vijay Chowk to India Gate for traffic from morning on 17th, 18th, 20th and 21st," the official said.
"Congestion is expected around Rajpath particulary near India Gate. People must avoid areas surrounding Rajpath and India Gate upto 12 noon," he said.
People may use Ring Road, Mother Teresa Crescent and Mathura Road. Buses also will be diverted.
Commuters should use the Metro for hassle-free movement on rehearsal days, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi