Reliance Infra`s Gurgaon-Faridabad toll plaza vandalised
New Delhi: GF Toll Road Private Ltd, the Reliance Infrastructure subsidiary that operates the Gurgaon-Faridabad expressway, has alleged that the toll plaza on the road was vandalised by some political activists who refused to pay the levy.
According to sources, local political workers ransacked the plaza, damaged property and manhandled employees.
Reliance Infrastructure, in a complaint to the Gurgaon police, said the hoodlums forcibly removed barriers, refused to pay toll, broke booths, blocked traffic and beat up and threatened the staff.
"GF Toll Road Private Ltd has been authorised by the Haryana state government to demand and collect toll at four points, including Bandhwari toll plaza on Gurgaon-Faridabad toll road, which falls under the jurisdiction of the Gawal Pahari police station," a company spokesperson said.
According to the complaint, the agency reported that a large number of political activists arrived at the 14-lane plaza last week, refused to pay toll and abused and argued with the toll collector and staff in the lanes.
They beat up the toll plaza controller who sustained injuries on his face.
The company, which widened the 25-km stretch connecting Gurgaon and Faridabad into a four-lane road from two lanes, started collecting toll in July 2012.
Reliance Infrastructure has 11 projects with a total length of 968 kilometres, costing about Rs 11,700 crore.
Instances of vandalism at road toll plazas have been reported earlier from Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video