`Repair of Airport Metro link to cost Rs 12 crore`
New Delhi: The cost of repairing the Delhi Airport Metro link is estimated to be around Rs 12 crore, the government on Wednesday told Rajya Sabha as members put queries on the issue of closure of the line.
Minister of State in the Urban Development Ministry Saugata Roy said, "DMRC has informed that the estimated cost of repair would be Rs 12 crore approximately and their stand is that there would be no revenue loss to them."
On whether Reliance Infrastructure desired to quit the Airport line, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said, "DMRC has informed that M/s DAMEPL, the operator for airport metro line, has brought out the issue of financial viability of the project."
He said, "However, no formal request to take over the project by DMRC or restructure the entire project has been received by DMRC from M/s DAMEPL."
On if technical faults due to which the line had to stopped were not detected at the time of inspection by Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety, Roy said, "The defects came to notice after a period of more than one year of the inspection by CMRS and operation of Delhi Airport Metro Express Metro line."
Roy said that "DMRC has informed that they received the information on the defects in civil works in the Airport Express line on May 17, 2012 and there was no delay in taking action on these defects.
"M/s DAMEPL issued a notice to DMRC alleging default of civil works by DMRC," Roy further said.
He said that the government has constituted a two-member probe committee to look into the matter and the committee had been asked to submit its report in three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets