Repeated disruptions in LS over Telangana issue
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Wednesday failed to transact any significant business as repeated disruptions were caused over Telangana statehood issue.
Minutes after the House met for the day, members of TRS, TDP and Congress stormed the well forcing Speaker Meira Kumar to adjourn it till noon.
When the House reassembled during Zero Hour, Leader of the
Opposition Sushma Swaraj raised the issue as TRS, TDP and
Congress members again entered the Well shouting slogans to
demand immediate tabling of a bill to create separate
"The Prime Minister and the Leader of the House are both
present..... The government is neither creating Telangana, nor
is it talking to them (protestors). At least hold talks with
them to resolve the issue," Swaraj said, adding the protests
were leading to "numerous suicides".
Maintaining that the proceedings had been disrupted over
the past week on the issue, she also urged the Speaker to
allow the protesting members to have their say in the House.Kumar said she had been asking these members to speak on
their demands for the past two days but to no avail.
Members of the three parties belonging to Telangana region
of Andhra Pradesh paid no heed to the Speaker`s repeated
requests to go back to their seats and continued to raise
They carried placards which read `Introduce Telangana Bill
immediately`, `implement your promise`, `indecision hurting
more than division of state` and `how many more deaths are
required for separate Telangana`.
As the uproar continued, the Speaker adjourned the House
till 2 PM.
When the House met at 2 PM, Congress, TDP and TRS members
continued raising slogans. Some of them trooped into the Well
Amid din, Deputy Speaker Kariya Munda adjourned the Lok
Sabha till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery