`Reports of attack on Pakistani prisoner false`
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities Friday described media reports of attack on a Pakistani prisoner as "false, frivolous and mischievous" and said there was no threat to his life.
"This is in reference to the report in a section of media about the attack on Pakistani prisoner Abdul Jabbar on May 9... it is clarified that the report regarding so-called attack is false, frivolous and mischievous," said a statement issued by Tihar jail.
"There is no threat to his life," added the statement.
According to reports that appeared in the Pakistani media, the incident took place Tuesday when Abdul Jabbar was allegedly attacked by two Indian prisoners who slashed his face and neck with a blade, leaving him injured.
Jabbar was arrested after his visit visa to India expired and he was charged with committing espionage for Pakistan. He has so far spent nine years imprisoned in Tihar Jail.
The incident comes in the wake of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay`s death after being attacked in a jail in Jammu. He died in a hospital in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30