`Reports of attack on Pakistani prisoner false`
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities Friday described media reports of attack on a Pakistani prisoner as "false, frivolous and mischievous" and said there was no threat to his life.
"This is in reference to the report in a section of media about the attack on Pakistani prisoner Abdul Jabbar on May 9... it is clarified that the report regarding so-called attack is false, frivolous and mischievous," said a statement issued by Tihar jail.
"There is no threat to his life," added the statement.
According to reports that appeared in the Pakistani media, the incident took place Tuesday when Abdul Jabbar was allegedly attacked by two Indian prisoners who slashed his face and neck with a blade, leaving him injured.
Jabbar was arrested after his visit visa to India expired and he was charged with committing espionage for Pakistan. He has so far spent nine years imprisoned in Tihar Jail.
The incident comes in the wake of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay`s death after being attacked in a jail in Jammu. He died in a hospital in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday