`Reports of attack on Pakistani prisoner false`
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities Friday described media reports of attack on a Pakistani prisoner as "false, frivolous and mischievous" and said there was no threat to his life.
"This is in reference to the report in a section of media about the attack on Pakistani prisoner Abdul Jabbar on May 9... it is clarified that the report regarding so-called attack is false, frivolous and mischievous," said a statement issued by Tihar jail.
"There is no threat to his life," added the statement.
According to reports that appeared in the Pakistani media, the incident took place Tuesday when Abdul Jabbar was allegedly attacked by two Indian prisoners who slashed his face and neck with a blade, leaving him injured.
Jabbar was arrested after his visit visa to India expired and he was charged with committing espionage for Pakistan. He has so far spent nine years imprisoned in Tihar Jail.
The incident comes in the wake of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay`s death after being attacked in a jail in Jammu. He died in a hospital in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video