Reserve plots in ‘81 residential scheme: HC to DDA
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday asked DDA to reserve some plots under a 1981 residential schemes for those applicants who were allotted plots earlier but the same was cancelled due to change of their addresses.
A vacation bench of Justice Kailash Gambhir gave the order a day before DDA is to hold a draw of lots for allocating specific plots to over 21,000 applicants in a 1981 residential scheme.
Over 21,000 applicants were held successful by the DDA earlier in its Rohini Residential Scheme 1981 for allotment of plots of various sizes like Janta, LIG and MIG.
The court had passed similar orders earlier too for reserving plots for those applicants the allotment of plots for whom had been cancelled earlier by the DDA due to various reasons like the change of their address or due to the fact that the original applicant had died.
Another bench of Justice Vipin Sanghi had said earlier, "The plots shall be kept reserved to be allotted to the petitioners in case they finally succeed the case in court."
The court had given the order on a bunch of petitions challenging the DDA`s decision cancelling their allotment on the ground that the allotment letters sent to the petitioner had returned due to change of addresses.
Their counsel Sitab Ali Chaudhary had told the court that despite intimation regarding changed address, the agency had failed to intimate the petitioners and cancelled the allotments.
The high court in March this year had directed to begin allocating immediately over 21,000 plots to the people who had registered under Rohini Housing Scheme over three decades ago.
The court`s order had came on a PIL for direction to the agency to carry out the allotment of plots to the applicants waiting since 1981.
The court, had also asked the Delhi Jal Board and other agencies to complete the work related to water supply and sewer system provisions for development of the plots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account