Resisting robbery bid costs youth`s life
New Delhi: A 21-year-old man was stabbed to
death and his friend beaten up when the deceased tried to
resist a robbery attempt by six persons in an east Delhi
locality, police said on Monday.
The incident was reported from near CPT ground close to
Cross River Mall in Karkardooma locality at around 8 pm last
night, a senior police official said. The deceased has been
identified as Imran.
Imran and his friend Saurabh had gone to a secluded place
to answer nature`s call when six men accosted them and beat
"When they asked the duo to hand over their valuables,
Sourabh gave Rs 400 and his mobile phone but Imran resisted.
The robbers then stabbed Imran on his chest," the official
said. The attackers then fled from the spot.
Saurabh informed police after borrowing a mobile phone
from a passerby.
Police rushed Imran to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries.
Saurabh is a student of B.Com at a college in east Delhi
while Imran worked in a private company.
A case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery