Resisting robbery bid costs youth`s life
New Delhi: A 21-year-old man was stabbed to
death and his friend beaten up when the deceased tried to
resist a robbery attempt by six persons in an east Delhi
locality, police said on Monday.
The incident was reported from near CPT ground close to
Cross River Mall in Karkardooma locality at around 8 pm last
night, a senior police official said. The deceased has been
identified as Imran.
Imran and his friend Saurabh had gone to a secluded place
to answer nature`s call when six men accosted them and beat
"When they asked the duo to hand over their valuables,
Sourabh gave Rs 400 and his mobile phone but Imran resisted.
The robbers then stabbed Imran on his chest," the official
said. The attackers then fled from the spot.
Saurabh informed police after borrowing a mobile phone
from a passerby.
Police rushed Imran to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries.
Saurabh is a student of B.Com at a college in east Delhi
while Imran worked in a private company.
A case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere