Respect people`s verdict, form govt in Delhi: Omar to AAP
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday asked Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to respect the mandate of the people of Delhi and enter into a coalition with Congress to form the government.
"Had the people of Delhi wanted a single party to rule the state, they would have voted the party to power.
"The people of Delhi have asked for a coalition and if AAP and Congress come together to form a coalition, it is the wish of the people," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He said AAP has not announced its decision yet and after winning the polls, it seems the party has gone for another sort of an election by returning to the people to seek their opinion on government formation.
"If you (AAP) think you will form the government without any support, you have to wait for absolute majority for a very long time. It is better the party should come forward and fulfil the promises which it made to the electorate and which cannot be fulfilled by remaining in opposition," Omar said.
He said the people had given AAP an opportunity to form government.
"This is the time for coalitions. If you take Jammu and Kashmir or the Centre, coalition governments are there," the Chief Minister said, adding nobody forms the coalition by his own will and it is decided by the people who give their verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi