Respect people`s verdict, form govt in Delhi: Omar to AAP
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday asked Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to respect the mandate of the people of Delhi and enter into a coalition with Congress to form the government.
"Had the people of Delhi wanted a single party to rule the state, they would have voted the party to power.
"The people of Delhi have asked for a coalition and if AAP and Congress come together to form a coalition, it is the wish of the people," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He said AAP has not announced its decision yet and after winning the polls, it seems the party has gone for another sort of an election by returning to the people to seek their opinion on government formation.
"If you (AAP) think you will form the government without any support, you have to wait for absolute majority for a very long time. It is better the party should come forward and fulfil the promises which it made to the electorate and which cannot be fulfilled by remaining in opposition," Omar said.
He said the people had given AAP an opportunity to form government.
"This is the time for coalitions. If you take Jammu and Kashmir or the Centre, coalition governments are there," the Chief Minister said, adding nobody forms the coalition by his own will and it is decided by the people who give their verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price