Respect women, says Delhi government posters
New Delhi: In the wake of rising crime against women, the Delhi government has decided to launch a poster campaign in the city asking people to respect women, an official said on Wednesday.
"Delhi`s information department has finalised a plan in this regard and it will be implemented in two or three days. This has been done at the insistence of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit," the official added.
The posters, both in English and Hindi, will be pasted on Delhi Transport Corporation buses and published in newspapers.
The campaign will be launched under Stree Shakti project of the state government, a women empowerment initiative.
Delhi has seen a number of crimes against women in the past few days, triggering a huge outcry over the issue of safety of women in the city.
An 18-year-old girl was abducted and raped in a moving vehicle by two men after she protested their lewd remarks in Sultanpuri area late Saturday.
The incident came days after a 30-year-old BPO employee was abducted and raped by four men in south Delhi and a 22-year-old woman was abducted and raped by six men in northeast Delhi.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday held a meeting with top officials, including the city police chief, and assured the people of major measures to make the capital a safe place.
Delhi Police have also issued notices to all BPOs, and corporate and media houses to ensure that women employees in night shifts are picked up from and dropped at their doorstep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!