Respite for Delhiites as mercury rises slightly
New Delhi: Delhiites on Thursday woke up to a pleasant morning as the minimum temperature rose more than a degree from the previous day to settle at 5.8 degrees Celsius.
"The minimum for this period of time is seven degrees Celsius," the MeT office said.
Yesterday, the minimum was recorded at 4.4 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal, while the maximum was registered at 20.9 degree Celsius.
Delhi has been witnessing cold wave conditions in the past one week with both minimum and maximum remaining five degree Celsius below normal, but there was some welcome respite since yesterday with the temperatures starting to rise a bit, a trend which the Met department said will continue for the coming days.
"The temperature will rise in the coming days," it said.
The weatherman had forecast mostly clear skies for today with the maximum temperature hovering around 21 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad