Respite for Delhiites as mercury rises slightly
New Delhi: Delhiites on Thursday woke up to a pleasant morning as the minimum temperature rose more than a degree from the previous day to settle at 5.8 degrees Celsius.
"The minimum for this period of time is seven degrees Celsius," the MeT office said.
Yesterday, the minimum was recorded at 4.4 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal, while the maximum was registered at 20.9 degree Celsius.
Delhi has been witnessing cold wave conditions in the past one week with both minimum and maximum remaining five degree Celsius below normal, but there was some welcome respite since yesterday with the temperatures starting to rise a bit, a trend which the Met department said will continue for the coming days.
"The temperature will rise in the coming days," it said.
The weatherman had forecast mostly clear skies for today with the maximum temperature hovering around 21 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter