Respite from foggy conditions in Delhi
New Delhi: There was some respite from foggy conditions for Delhiites on Thursday as dense to moderate fog was witnessed in the national capital, giving way to clear sky as the day progressed.
Dense fog was recorded in the past three days in the city, which badly affected the road, rail and air traffic.
Above normal minimum temperature was recorded here, which remained three degrees above average at 10.8 degrees Celsius.
The maximum was 22.4 degrees Celsius, which is normal for this time of the year. The maximum humidity level in the city was as high as 100 per cent while minimum was 77 per cent.
The air-traffic at the IGI airport remained almost normal, as the visibility at the runways did not go below 500 metres, which was well above the minimum of 125 metres for low visibility take-offs.
The commuters faced some problems while driving due to poor visibility. Also many trains, coming to Delhi were delayed by several hours.
MeT department has predicted dense fog tomorrow but it will give way to a clear sky.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain around 22 degrees Celsius and nine degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez