Respite from foggy conditions in Delhi
New Delhi: There was some respite from foggy conditions for Delhiites on Thursday as dense to moderate fog was witnessed in the national capital, giving way to clear sky as the day progressed.
Dense fog was recorded in the past three days in the city, which badly affected the road, rail and air traffic.
Above normal minimum temperature was recorded here, which remained three degrees above average at 10.8 degrees Celsius.
The maximum was 22.4 degrees Celsius, which is normal for this time of the year. The maximum humidity level in the city was as high as 100 per cent while minimum was 77 per cent.
The air-traffic at the IGI airport remained almost normal, as the visibility at the runways did not go below 500 metres, which was well above the minimum of 125 metres for low visibility take-offs.
The commuters faced some problems while driving due to poor visibility. Also many trains, coming to Delhi were delayed by several hours.
MeT department has predicted dense fog tomorrow but it will give way to a clear sky.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain around 22 degrees Celsius and nine degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users