Retail outlets to be set up at two Metro stations
New Delhi: Now, shop at your favourite
store and dine at multi-cuisine restaurants before taking the
high-speed Airport Express Metro.
The Reliance Infra-led consotrium, which runs the
Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited, will soon launch
retail outlets at New Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations in
the national capital.
The Shivaji Stadium station will have retail shops and
a food court that will offer plenty of variety to shoppers.
"Tourists can also use various facilities like
shopping, food court, and tourism information whereas
overnight traveler can use shower/relaxation lounge etc. The
station will also have a mini Dilli haat and also provide
preview of mini Delhi," a Reliance Infra spokesperson said.
A total of around 120 outlets will be set up at New
Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations and ample space in these
two stations have been earmarked for setting up the retail
outlets and food courts.
The retail shopping space will be at the non-paid
area, where even the non-commuters can come and have the
retail shopping experience.
"City check-in facilities are also available at both
the stations of Airport Metro Express where there is also a
provision for 6 hours early check-in for its commuters. The
early check-in time will be further increased in future," the
He said Internal studies have shown that utilizing the
station space as a retail destination can be a major source of
The Airport Express Metro takes passengers from
Connaught Place in the city to the IGI Airport in flat 18
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow