Retail outlets to be set up at two Metro stations
New Delhi: Now, shop at your favourite
store and dine at multi-cuisine restaurants before taking the
high-speed Airport Express Metro.
The Reliance Infra-led consotrium, which runs the
Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited, will soon launch
retail outlets at New Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations in
the national capital.
The Shivaji Stadium station will have retail shops and
a food court that will offer plenty of variety to shoppers.
"Tourists can also use various facilities like
shopping, food court, and tourism information whereas
overnight traveler can use shower/relaxation lounge etc. The
station will also have a mini Dilli haat and also provide
preview of mini Delhi," a Reliance Infra spokesperson said.
A total of around 120 outlets will be set up at New
Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations and ample space in these
two stations have been earmarked for setting up the retail
outlets and food courts.
The retail shopping space will be at the non-paid
area, where even the non-commuters can come and have the
retail shopping experience.
"City check-in facilities are also available at both
the stations of Airport Metro Express where there is also a
provision for 6 hours early check-in for its commuters. The
early check-in time will be further increased in future," the
He said Internal studies have shown that utilizing the
station space as a retail destination can be a major source of
The Airport Express Metro takes passengers from
Connaught Place in the city to the IGI Airport in flat 18
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'