Retd Air India employee, family beaten up in Karol bagh
New Delhi: A retired Air India employee and members of his family members were allegedly beaten up by shopkeepers in Karol bagh area following an argument over a petty issue, police said.
According to the police, the incident took place when Praveen Kumar was walking in the market and one Rajesh threw water on the road. Some water fell on Kumar who asked Rajesh to be careful.
However, Rajesh got offended by Kumar`s advice and started beating him up. When the victim`s family rushed to save him, Rajesh`s associates Santosh, Ashok and Udayvir joined him with sticks and rods and thrashed all of them and fled from the spot, police said.
A PCR call was made following which the injured were taken to Lady Hardinge hospital. A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered at Karol bagh police station and police are on the look out of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal