Retd Air India employee, family beaten up in Karol bagh
New Delhi: A retired Air India employee and members of his family members were allegedly beaten up by shopkeepers in Karol bagh area following an argument over a petty issue, police said.
According to the police, the incident took place when Praveen Kumar was walking in the market and one Rajesh threw water on the road. Some water fell on Kumar who asked Rajesh to be careful.
However, Rajesh got offended by Kumar`s advice and started beating him up. When the victim`s family rushed to save him, Rajesh`s associates Santosh, Ashok and Udayvir joined him with sticks and rods and thrashed all of them and fled from the spot, police said.
A PCR call was made following which the injured were taken to Lady Hardinge hospital. A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered at Karol bagh police station and police are on the look out of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'