Retired IIT Delhi Prof jumps to death
New Delhi: A retired IIT Delhi professor
killed himself on Saturday by jumping off the seventh floor of the
IIT building, police said.
62-year-old Ashok Kumar Sharma, who was a resident of
Dwarka, had retired recently and had continued to frequent the
He committed suicide by jumping off the seventh floor of
the main administrative building at 12.30 pm today, a police
He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
While a son and a daughter stay in the United States, another
daughter lives in Orissa where she works as a Professor.
"His wife is on a visit to Orissa," the official said.
Police said the retired professor was in the middle of
some court cases pertaining to his age.
Preliminary inquiry also suggested that he was disturbed
due to health reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes