Retired IIT Delhi Prof jumps to death
New Delhi: A retired IIT Delhi professor
killed himself on Saturday by jumping off the seventh floor of the
IIT building, police said.
62-year-old Ashok Kumar Sharma, who was a resident of
Dwarka, had retired recently and had continued to frequent the
He committed suicide by jumping off the seventh floor of
the main administrative building at 12.30 pm today, a police
He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
While a son and a daughter stay in the United States, another
daughter lives in Orissa where she works as a Professor.
"His wife is on a visit to Orissa," the official said.
Police said the retired professor was in the middle of
some court cases pertaining to his age.
Preliminary inquiry also suggested that he was disturbed
due to health reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj