Retired IIT Delhi Prof jumps to death
New Delhi: A retired IIT Delhi professor
killed himself on Saturday by jumping off the seventh floor of the
IIT building, police said.
62-year-old Ashok Kumar Sharma, who was a resident of
Dwarka, had retired recently and had continued to frequent the
He committed suicide by jumping off the seventh floor of
the main administrative building at 12.30 pm today, a police
He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
While a son and a daughter stay in the United States, another
daughter lives in Orissa where she works as a Professor.
"His wife is on a visit to Orissa," the official said.
Police said the retired professor was in the middle of
some court cases pertaining to his age.
Preliminary inquiry also suggested that he was disturbed
due to health reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness