Right-wing group disrupts AAP leader Prashant Bhushan`s press conference
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A protester disrupted the media briefing of Aam Aadmi Party being conducted by lawyer Prashant Bhushan. JNU professor Kamal Mitra Chenoy, who has joined the AAP, was also present at the event.
As per reports, the protester was Vishnu Gupta of Hindu Sena. He shouted slogans against the AAP leader which led to a chaos.
Last week AAP`s Kaushambi office was attacked and flower pots were broken by a group of 40 activists belonging to Hindu Raksha Dal, protesting against Prashant Bhushan. Posters were also torn up and glass doors were smashed.
Later, the convener of the Hindu Raksha Dal, Pinky Choudhary was arrested.
The attack happened after Prashant Bhushan suggested that a referendum should be carried out in J&K to decide whether the Army should be withdrawn from the state for internal security.
AAP convener and Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal, clarified after Bhushan`s comment that J&K was an integral part of India. Bhushan also later said that his comments had been misinterpreted.
Kejriwal condemned the attack and questioned as to whether the attackers wanted to kill Bhushan.
In the past, Bhushan had suggested a referendum in J&K in Varanasi saying that if the people of the state wanted to separate from India then they should be allowed to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read