‘Right wing terror a challenge to democracy’
New Delhi: Social activists on Tuesday raised
apprehensions over the rise of right wing terror organisations
and said these groups pose a grave threat to the nation`s
The activists where speaking at the book launch of `The
Saffron Condition` and `Godse`s Children` by Subash Gatade.
Senior Journalist Javed Naqvi said there is an upsurge of
right wing terror in India and it has clear international
links. "India has always been place for communal and caste
politics and it continues to be so," he said.
"We are confronting a deep state. The problem is that
intelligence agencies are hand in glove with the Hindutva
groups," he alleged.
Prof Nivedita Menon of Centre for Comparative Politics and
political theory at JNU warned that popular dissent in the
society was being either totally marginalised or outplayed
likewise to divide people for partisan politics.
"There is a dual policy...the motive of these right wing
organisations is not just to terrorise and polarise society
but also to make sure to marginalise minorities and lower
sections of our society."
Gatade said, "I have been writing on saffron terror for
some time now. However, then I realised that I should write a
book on subject as it is more substantive and have far greater
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official