Rly Min holdsmeetings in Parliament corridor
New Delhi: A high drama was enacted in the
Parliament House today with Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
holding official meetings with former counterpart Lalu Prasad
and top officials in the corridor in the absence of a room.
"It is an insult to the Railway Ministry," a bitter
Following interventions by Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress
supremo Mamata Banerjee as well as Parliamentary Affairs
Minister Pawan Bansal, the issue was finally resolved and he
was allotted room number 6 which has been the office of the
Railway Minister for several years.
The matter was raised by Minister of State Sudip
Bandopadhyay with the prime minister who instructed Bansal to
resolve the matter. Bansal also spoke to Mamata on phone to
inform her that the matter has been resolved.
The controversy began yesterday when this room, which
has been the seat of erstwhile Railway ministers Mamata, Lalu,
Nitish Kumar and C K Jaffer Sharief, was alloted to
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni.
But later it was learnt that it has been re-alloted to
Trivedi yesterday itself. However, when Trivedi arrived for
the scheduled meeting with Prasad this afternoon, he saw his
nameplate missing. So he sat on a bench in the corridor and
held meetings with Prasad and Chairman Railway Board (CRB)
However, Trivedi clarified that the meetings with Lalu
and CRB chief in the corridor were not in protest. "If my name
plate has been removed the how can I enter the room. So it was
(sitting on the bench) not in protest.
"I am not fond of any particular room. It is not for
the minister`s comfort but to facilitate MPs meeting in the
Parliament House. It is an insult to the Railway Ministry
which has 14 lakh employees."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why