RML officials submit constable Subhash Tomar`s medical reports to police
New Delhi: The medical reports of constable Subhash Tomar was on Friday handed to Delhi Police by officials of Ram Manohar Hospital where he had undergone treatment.
The reports were submitted at the Crime Branch`s Inter-State Cell which is investigating the case as the constable`s death triggered a controversy with eye-witness accounts and Medical Superintendent`s remarks contradicting police version and postmortem report.
Police had issued a notice to Hospital Superintendent T S Siddhu asking him to submit the medical reports of Tomar who died on December 25.
The postmortem report had said Tomar died due to cardiac arrest caused by injuries he suffered on his chest and neck "produced by blunt impact".
It contradicts assertions by Sidhu that Tomar had "no major external injury" except for some cuts and bruises or "(no) severe internal injuries".
According to the report, 47-year-old Tomar`s third, fourth and fifth ribs on left side had fractures and there was "mid-calibaculur bleeding" at several places.
Police yesterday recorded the statement of an eye-witness, Yogendra, who claimed that nobody attacked Tomar. However, another person, Salim Alvi, contradicted Yogendra`s claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway