Road in Delhi named after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to rename a road in Vasant Vihar in South Delhi after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of India`s greatest cricket captains ever.
Pataudi, who was known as `Tiger` in the cricket fraternity and whose flair and acumen inspired a generation of cricketers, had died on September 22, 2011.
"The Government has decided to rename an existing road in B-Block, Vasant Vihar in memory of former cricket captain Late Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi," said a senior Delhi Government official.
The decision was taken at a meeting of State Naming Authority chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list