Road in Delhi named after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to rename a road in Vasant Vihar in South Delhi after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of India`s greatest cricket captains ever.
Pataudi, who was known as `Tiger` in the cricket fraternity and whose flair and acumen inspired a generation of cricketers, had died on September 22, 2011.
"The Government has decided to rename an existing road in B-Block, Vasant Vihar in memory of former cricket captain Late Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi," said a senior Delhi Government official.
The decision was taken at a meeting of State Naming Authority chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan