Road in Delhi named after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to rename a road in Vasant Vihar in South Delhi after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of India`s greatest cricket captains ever.
Pataudi, who was known as `Tiger` in the cricket fraternity and whose flair and acumen inspired a generation of cricketers, had died on September 22, 2011.
"The Government has decided to rename an existing road in B-Block, Vasant Vihar in memory of former cricket captain Late Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi," said a senior Delhi Government official.
The decision was taken at a meeting of State Naming Authority chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley