Road in Delhi named after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to rename a road in Vasant Vihar in South Delhi after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of India`s greatest cricket captains ever.
Pataudi, who was known as `Tiger` in the cricket fraternity and whose flair and acumen inspired a generation of cricketers, had died on September 22, 2011.
"The Government has decided to rename an existing road in B-Block, Vasant Vihar in memory of former cricket captain Late Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi," said a senior Delhi Government official.
The decision was taken at a meeting of State Naming Authority chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic