Road mishap victim`s family gets Rs 34.5 L compensation
New Delhi: The family members of a 39-year- old man, who died in a road accident involving a rashly driven truck, have been awarded a compensation of over Rs 34.5 lakh by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
The tribunal directed HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Ltd, with which the offending truck was insured, to pay Rs 34,58,673 to the wife, two minor kids and mother of victim Sanjay Kumar.
"From the statements of the prosecution witness Prem Kumar (eye witness) and in view of the record of the criminal case regarding the accident, it is proved that Sanjay Kumar (victim) sustained fatal injuries in the accident which occurred on January 6, 2011 due to rash and negligent driving of offending vehicle (truck) driven by its driver," MACT Presiding Officer Kiran Bansal said.
Sanjay`s wife, resident of Khajuri Khas in north east Delhi, said in her petition that the accident took place on the evening of January 6, 2011 when the man was going to Noida for official work on his scooter.
When he reached at sector-63 in Noida, a speeding truck, being rashly and negligently driven by Saddam, came and hit the two-wheeler, it said.
Due to the impact, the victim fell down and sustained fatal injuries. He was taken to Fortis Hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, she said.
A criminal case was also registered against the driver at Police Station Noida, Sector 58.
Sanjay was working as sales executive with a private firm and was earning Rs 20,000 per month.
The truck driver and owner, in their written statement, claimed that the driver was not at fault and the accident occurred due to rash and negligent attitude of the Sanjay himself.
The tribunal, however, rejected their contention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future