Robber beaten to death in Delhi; accomplice in hospital
New Delhi: Two men who allegedly attempted
to rob a person at gunpoint was beaten up by angry locals in
north Delhi leading to the death of one of them, police said
The incident took place in Gulabi Bagh late last night
and the deceased has been identified as Vinod Sharma.
Sharma and Shyam, residents of Ghaziabad, tried to rob
a man at gunpoint near the government quarters in Gulabi Bagh.
The victim raised an alarm and hearing his scream,
passersby came to his rescue, a senior police official said.
Both the robbers were badly beaten by the residents of
the area and police was informed.
"Both the men fell unconscious and were taken to the
nearby hospital where Vinod was declared brought dead as he
suffered major injuries," the official said.
Shyam is undergoing treatment in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’