Robber beaten to death in Delhi; accomplice in hospital
New Delhi: Two men who allegedly attempted
to rob a person at gunpoint was beaten up by angry locals in
north Delhi leading to the death of one of them, police said
The incident took place in Gulabi Bagh late last night
and the deceased has been identified as Vinod Sharma.
Sharma and Shyam, residents of Ghaziabad, tried to rob
a man at gunpoint near the government quarters in Gulabi Bagh.
The victim raised an alarm and hearing his scream,
passersby came to his rescue, a senior police official said.
Both the robbers were badly beaten by the residents of
the area and police was informed.
"Both the men fell unconscious and were taken to the
nearby hospital where Vinod was declared brought dead as he
suffered major injuries," the official said.
Shyam is undergoing treatment in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach