Robber beaten to death in Delhi; accomplice in hospital
New Delhi: Two men who allegedly attempted
to rob a person at gunpoint was beaten up by angry locals in
north Delhi leading to the death of one of them, police said
The incident took place in Gulabi Bagh late last night
and the deceased has been identified as Vinod Sharma.
Sharma and Shyam, residents of Ghaziabad, tried to rob
a man at gunpoint near the government quarters in Gulabi Bagh.
The victim raised an alarm and hearing his scream,
passersby came to his rescue, a senior police official said.
Both the robbers were badly beaten by the residents of
the area and police was informed.
"Both the men fell unconscious and were taken to the
nearby hospital where Vinod was declared brought dead as he
suffered major injuries," the official said.
Shyam is undergoing treatment in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31