Robbers escape with ATM cash van in Delhi
New Delhi: Armed robbers escaped with the cash van of a private bank in south Delhi on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 PM when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI bank, police said.
The guard was injured while trying to stop the robbers from escaping with the van, which is believed to have contained around Rs five crore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets