Robbers kill resisting truck driver
New Delhi: A 24-year-old truck driver was beaten to death by some unidentified men when he resisted their bid to rob him, said police Tuesday.
Ashif, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat, was attacked by four-five people at an secluded place in Samaiypur Badli area on the outskirts of Delhi Monday night.
"The accused tried to rob some money from Ashif when they found him urinating at an isolated place. They badly beat him with wooden sticks when he resisted their robbery bid and fled after robbing some cash and a mobile from his possession," said a police officer.
Ashif`s helper Shahrukh, who was also beaten up by the accused, managed to rush Ashif in a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!