Robbers kill resisting truck driver
New Delhi: A 24-year-old truck driver was beaten to death by some unidentified men when he resisted their bid to rob him, said police Tuesday.
Ashif, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat, was attacked by four-five people at an secluded place in Samaiypur Badli area on the outskirts of Delhi Monday night.
"The accused tried to rob some money from Ashif when they found him urinating at an isolated place. They badly beat him with wooden sticks when he resisted their robbery bid and fled after robbing some cash and a mobile from his possession," said a police officer.
Ashif`s helper Shahrukh, who was also beaten up by the accused, managed to rush Ashif in a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore