Robbers kill resisting truck driver
New Delhi: A 24-year-old truck driver was beaten to death by some unidentified men when he resisted their bid to rob him, said police Tuesday.
Ashif, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat, was attacked by four-five people at an secluded place in Samaiypur Badli area on the outskirts of Delhi Monday night.
"The accused tried to rob some money from Ashif when they found him urinating at an isolated place. They badly beat him with wooden sticks when he resisted their robbery bid and fled after robbing some cash and a mobile from his possession," said a police officer.
Ashif`s helper Shahrukh, who was also beaten up by the accused, managed to rush Ashif in a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi