Robbers kill resisting truck driver
New Delhi: A 24-year-old truck driver was beaten to death by some unidentified men when he resisted their bid to rob him, said police Tuesday.
Ashif, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat, was attacked by four-five people at an secluded place in Samaiypur Badli area on the outskirts of Delhi Monday night.
"The accused tried to rob some money from Ashif when they found him urinating at an isolated place. They badly beat him with wooden sticks when he resisted their robbery bid and fled after robbing some cash and a mobile from his possession," said a police officer.
Ashif`s helper Shahrukh, who was also beaten up by the accused, managed to rush Ashif in a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar