Robbers kill resisting truck driver
New Delhi: A 24-year-old truck driver was beaten to death by some unidentified men when he resisted their bid to rob him, said police Tuesday.
Ashif, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat, was attacked by four-five people at an secluded place in Samaiypur Badli area on the outskirts of Delhi Monday night.
"The accused tried to rob some money from Ashif when they found him urinating at an isolated place. They badly beat him with wooden sticks when he resisted their robbery bid and fled after robbing some cash and a mobile from his possession," said a police officer.
Ashif`s helper Shahrukh, who was also beaten up by the accused, managed to rush Ashif in a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm