Robbers loot jewels worth Rs 22 lakh
New Delhi: A man was robbed off jewellery worth Rs 22 lakh at gunpoint at IP Extension area of Central Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Jain and his brother Hemant, who have a jewellery shop in Chandni Chowk area, were returning home to Laxmi Nagar when the incident happened, a police officer said.
They had stopped at a place when three armed men robbed them at gunpoint and fled with a bag containing the jewels, the officer said, adding that the robbers also took away the car`s keys which left the duo stranded.
Based on a complaint, police has registered an FIR and launched a manhunt to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister