Robbers loot jewels worth Rs 22 lakh
New Delhi: A man was robbed off jewellery worth Rs 22 lakh at gunpoint at IP Extension area of Central Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Jain and his brother Hemant, who have a jewellery shop in Chandni Chowk area, were returning home to Laxmi Nagar when the incident happened, a police officer said.
They had stopped at a place when three armed men robbed them at gunpoint and fled with a bag containing the jewels, the officer said, adding that the robbers also took away the car`s keys which left the duo stranded.
Based on a complaint, police has registered an FIR and launched a manhunt to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India
- Now, AAP demands 'dope test' on parliamentarians
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: 10 key facts you must know
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt notifies revised pay grades for employees, pensioners