Robbers loot jewels worth Rs 22 lakh
New Delhi: A man was robbed off jewellery worth Rs 22 lakh at gunpoint at IP Extension area of Central Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Jain and his brother Hemant, who have a jewellery shop in Chandni Chowk area, were returning home to Laxmi Nagar when the incident happened, a police officer said.
They had stopped at a place when three armed men robbed them at gunpoint and fled with a bag containing the jewels, the officer said, adding that the robbers also took away the car`s keys which left the duo stranded.
Based on a complaint, police has registered an FIR and launched a manhunt to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok