Roll back hike in gas prices or face protest, says BJP
New Delhi: The state unit of the BJP on Friday said it will launch an agitation if the hike in the prices of compressed natural gas (CNG) and piped cooking gas was not rolled back.
"We demand that the hike be reversed immediately and prices of all other commodities that rose during Congress rule be brought down immediately, or we will launch an agitation," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Harsh Vardhan said.
The price of CNG in Delhi has increased to Rs 50.10 per kg from Rs 45.60 per kg, while PNG will now cost Rs 29.50 per standard cubic metre of consumption up to 30 scm in two months.
For consumption above 30 scm in 60 days, the charge will be hiked to Rs 52 per scm from the existing price of Rs 45.24 per scm.
Harsh Vardhan said the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) promised to the people that it will curb price rise and inflation as soon as it came to power, and it was time to fulfil that promise.
Delhi will get a new government Saturday, as the AAP, which netted 28 seats - three seats less than the BJP - is being supported by the Congress with its eight seats.
The BJP emerged as the single largest party with 31 seats, but declined to form a government as it failed to reach the halfway mark - a majority - in the 70-member Delhi assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof