‘Routine for Chinese authorities to see negative’
New Delhi: In the backdrop of Chinese
objections to his participation in a Buddhist congregation,
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday said it has
become routine for China to see something "very negative" in
The Dalai Lama said he was not worried over such Chinese
"Whatever activities I do, it has become routine for some
Chinese authorities to look at something very negative. It has
become almost a routine (affair) now. There is nothing special
in it," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He was replying to a query on China objecting to his
participation in Global Buddhist Congregation here earlier
this week. The meeting triggered a diplomatic row between
India and China forcing the postponement of border talks
between Special Representatives of both countries.
The Dalai Lama, who participated in the valedictory
function of the conference on Wednesday, had refused to reply
questions in this regard.
"No," was all he said today when asked whether he was
worried over Chinese objections.
Earlier, he was conferred `Dayawati Modi Award for Art,
Culture and Education for 2011` by British travel writer Mark
Addressing the function after receiving the award, the
spiritual leader said his successor could be a woman and that
he has expressed this opinion in a number of platforms both in
India and abroad.
"I have been continuously saying that the next
reincarnation of Dalai Lama could be female. I have said it. I
teach a number of Tibetan and other women about Buddhism.
Women have more desire than men to listen," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!