Rs 1 lakh reward for information on policeman`s murder
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday declared a reward of Rs.1 lakh for information about people who shot dead a head constable checking vehicles on the outskirts of the capital.
Ramkishan, 49, a resident of Nangloi in west Dehli, was gunned down at Kanjhawla here Nov 26 allegedly by four people in a car. The announcement was made by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
The incident occurred near the Delhi-Haryana border when Ramkishan stopped a car with four people.
"After frisking the two men in the rear seat, when the constable moved towards the driver, the person sitting next to the driver fired at him," said the officer.
"Ramkishan managed to snatch a pistol from the attackers but they fired at him with a pistol, leading to his death," he said. The killers escaped in the car.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis