Rs 1 lakh reward for information on policeman`s murder
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday declared a reward of Rs.1 lakh for information about people who shot dead a head constable checking vehicles on the outskirts of the capital.
Ramkishan, 49, a resident of Nangloi in west Dehli, was gunned down at Kanjhawla here Nov 26 allegedly by four people in a car. The announcement was made by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
The incident occurred near the Delhi-Haryana border when Ramkishan stopped a car with four people.
"After frisking the two men in the rear seat, when the constable moved towards the driver, the person sitting next to the driver fired at him," said the officer.
"Ramkishan managed to snatch a pistol from the attackers but they fired at him with a pistol, leading to his death," he said. The killers escaped in the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon