Rs 1 lakh reward for information on policeman`s murder
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday declared a reward of Rs.1 lakh for information about people who shot dead a head constable checking vehicles on the outskirts of the capital.
Ramkishan, 49, a resident of Nangloi in west Dehli, was gunned down at Kanjhawla here Nov 26 allegedly by four people in a car. The announcement was made by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
The incident occurred near the Delhi-Haryana border when Ramkishan stopped a car with four people.
"After frisking the two men in the rear seat, when the constable moved towards the driver, the person sitting next to the driver fired at him," said the officer.
"Ramkishan managed to snatch a pistol from the attackers but they fired at him with a pistol, leading to his death," he said. The killers escaped in the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!