Rs 1,000 fine for jumping traffic signals near SC
New Delhi: Anybody jumping traffic signals
on stretches near the Supreme Court during night will now have
to cough up Rs 1,000 as fine for dangerous driving.
"It has been reported that people jump red lights at
intersections like Tilak Marg Bhagwan Das road at high speed
after 9 PM which results into accidents. Anybody found jumping
red light on this stretch will be charged for dangerous
driving with Rs 1,000 fine," Satyendra Garg, Joint
Commissioner of Police (Traffic), said.
He said Traffic Police will video-graph such traffic
violations and stop the violator after he/she has jumped the
"There have been stretches where people are irresponsible
in driving. We have seen people coming on wrong carriageways
to avoid a few hundred metres U-turn. We have been prosecuting
them for dangerous driving. People have to understand that
rules are to be followed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi