Rs 17,323 crore allocated to Minority Affairs Ministry
New Delhi: Minority Affairs Ministry, which had sought an eight-fold hike in the Plan outlay, will have to be content with 137 per cent rise in the allocation for 12th Five-Year Plan (2012-17).
The ministry headed by Salman Khurshid has been allocated a sum of Rs 17,323 crore for this plan. In the 11th Plan, it had got the budgetary support of Rs 7,283 crore.
The proposed allocation for the 11th Plan was Rs 17,224 crore against which the final allocation was fixed at Rs 7,000 crores.
However, the expenditure had gone up and the total budgetary support at the end of the 11th Plan for the ministry had come to Rs 7283 crore.
The ministry had projected an outlay of a whopping Rs58,589 crore, compared to Rs 7,000 crore in the 11th Plan (2007-12), formulating its proposals on the basis of the recommendations of a Working Group on Empowerment of Minorities.
An indication of what the ministry would get under the 12th plan was available when the government allocated a sum of Rs 3,135 crore as its annual Plan outlay for 2012-13 in the Union Budget in the the first year of the 12th Plan period, on ad hoc basis in February 2012.
The ministry`s proposals in the Plan years had sought many fold enhancements in allocations for its existing 12 schemes and huge outlays for the 10 new schemes it proposed proposed to be implement during the five years.
A massive outlay of Rs 28,275 crore was proposed for four scholarship schemes, pre-matric scholarships, post-matric scholarships, merit-cum-means scholarships for professional and technical courses and for Maulana Azad National Fellowships.
The ministry had also projected an enhanced expenditure of Rs 23,380 crore for the Multi-Sectoral Development Programme (MSDP) for 169 minority concentration districts (MCDs). In the 11th Plan, the programme covered only 90 MCDs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical