Rs 27.5 lakh to be disbursed as ex-gratia to victims of storm
New Delhi: Delhi government has sanctioned Rs 27.5 lakh as ex-gratia to the victims of the massive dust storm which struck the capital on May 30.
"In cases where the persons have died, the compensation will be paid to their next of kin. Where the next of kin is residing out of Delhi, all efforts are being made to reach such people," Principal Secretary (Revenue) Dharam Pal said today.
He also informed that the monetary relief has been disbursed to the families of missing persons of Uttrakhand disaster.
So far, the Revenue Department has disbursed relief in 38 cases totalling Rs 1.33 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31